We at VADV Adventures are always on the lookout for innovative, inexpensive and lightweight gear for MotoVloging, Backpacking, Motorcycle Camping or applications where the preferred form factor is small, packable and lightweight.
The Pedco Ultrapod Ultralight Tripod is a very inexpensive (less than $15) solution for mounting a compact camera for use as a stand alone tripod/camera or with the included strap the Ultrapod can be used as a selfie stick camera mount utilizing yes – a stick !!
VADV Adventures will be producing a video to demonstrate the merits and limitations of the Ultrapod featured on our youtube channel. VADV Adventures purchased the Pedco for use in producing video content for the youtube channel.
From the Manufacturer:
The UltraPod™ I is a small, lightweight portable camera tripod, injection molded from fiberglass reinforced nylon with aluminum threaded components. It features sturdy, fold-out legs, a unique ball and socket camera mount assembly, and a strong VELCRO® brand ONE-WRAP® fastener for securing to tree limbs, railings, pack frames, or other similar objects. Folds to a compact 4″ length that fits easily into a shirt pocket. The feet of the UltraPod are covered with non-slip vinyl, preventing the tripod from moving. Designed for use with compact cameras, remote flashes, video lights, etc.
- Fits any camera with a tripod socket
- Unique ball and socket camera mount assembly positions camera at any angle
- Molded from fiberglass reinforced nylon with aluminum threaded components
- Compact and lightweight
- Fold-out legs with non-slip vinyl feet
- Removable VELCRO® brand ONE-WRAP® fastener
- Made in the USA
- Maximum Safe Load: 3 lbs
- Pan Adjustment: 360 degrees
- Tilt Adjustment: +/- 90 degrees
- Angular Adjustment: +/- 20 degrees
- Dimensions (folded): 4″ x 1″ x 1.25″, 10.2cm x 2.5cm x 3.2cm
- Weight: 2 oz., 57g